Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Anderson & Ferrin Anderson & Ferrin
  • Free Initial Consultation
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español

I had a child with a married woman, what are my rights?

Return to Videos


Have you had a child with a married woman? My name is Michael Ferrin with the law office of Anderson & Ferrin, and you’d be surprised to know with regards to the rights that you might or might not have regarding that situation. Generally speaking, when a child is born during a marriage, the child is considered a child of the marriage, this is called the marital presumption. What this means is that the child is actually considered legally to be the child of the husband, regardless of whether the husband is the biological father or not. Recently, there were some case law in 2018 that came out that has expanded the ability of a biological father to come and actually establish his rights to his biological child. This was much more difficult previously to this case coming out and we are actually very excited to know that we have a few cases that are actually pending right now where we’re actually applying this new case law. So we’re actually very excited to see what happens in the court. So if you have this particular circumstance arising in your life, please give us a call at 407-412-7041 and set up a free consultation, I’ll be more than happy to discuss that with you.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

We Accept

Pay Securely with Law Pay - Visa Mastercard Discover American Express
Skip footer and go back to main navigation