Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Orlando Divorce Lawyer
Free Initial Consultation ~ Hablamos Español 407-412-7041
Orlando Divorce Lawyer > Orlando Family Lawyer > Orlando Contempt & Enforcement Lawyer

Orlando Contempt & Enforcement Lawyer

In family law, actions for contempt may be filed when one party violates court orders. If your former spouse has violated a court order, or if you are accused of failing to comply with a court order, the Orlando contempt & enforcement lawyers at Anderson & Ferrin, Attorneys at Law, P.A. can help.

We have been successful in enforcing child support, parenting time and other court orders, as well as defending individuals in contempt actions. Contempt actions can stem from:

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to adhere to visitation or time-sharing orders
  • Failure to comply with property division orders
  • Failure to comply with restraining orders or protective orders
  • Failure to file a mandatory declaration of disclosure

Contempt actions sometimes result from a parent relocating to a distant city or another state with minor children without the other parent’s consent. We advocate for parents in child relocation cases.

Protecting Your Rights In Child Support And Custody Enforcement

It is important to note that the court must find that a party’s violation of court orders was willful and calculated to defeat, impair or impede the other spouse’s rights. Financial inability to pay, for example, is a defense to a contempt proceeding. A person who asserts inability to comply with an order is entitled to an evidentiary hearing to determine whether he or she has the ability to comply.

We can review the facts of your case and, if appropriate, aggressively seek or defend wage garnishment or other enforcement action. Penalties for contempt vary, but they can be severe and may include fines, transfer of property, interception of a tax refund, suspension of your driver’s license or, if children are involved, suspension of timesharing. Continued contempt can result in jail time.

We will consider all of the circumstances involved when determining the most effective way to enforce a court order or how to defend against an action for contempt.

Call 407-412-7041 or email us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We will provide a straightforward assessment of your case and recommend the best steps to take.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin

© 2019 - 2024 Anderson & Ferrin. All rights reserved.